Colby Law Firm is deeply knowledgeable about San Diego employment law and state and federal employment laws. Our experienced team of employment lawyers has a strong track record in handling cases in this field. We offer a “no win, no fee” policy and provide free consultations to ensure access to top-quality legal representation.
If you face workplace challenges or have concerns about your employment, contact Colby Law and speak to an employment attorney in San Diego. Our team is ready to assist you and navigate the complexities of employment law on your behalf. Schedule your free consultation now to discuss your case with our experienced employment lawyers.
When Does a San Diego Employee Need an Employment Lawyer?
When employees in San Diego face issues requiring legal advice and assistance, it’s crucial to know where to turn for help. The experienced lawyers at Colby Law Firm are here to support you. You can reach our team by calling 818-431-2570 or contacting us online to schedule a free consultation. We specialize in addressing a wide range of employment issues, including the following:
If you’re facing persistent unwelcome behavior at your workplace that’s creating a hostile work environment, it’s time to consult an employment attorney.
If you believe you’re being mistreated based on your race, gender, age, religion, disability, or other protected characteristics, an employment lawyer can help you understand your rights and possible legal remedies.
Wrongful Termination & Retaliation
If you’ve been fired from your job for unlawful reasons or in retaliation for reporting a violation, an employment attorney can help you seek justice.
Overtime & Unpaid Wages
If your employer is not paying you the wages you’re entitled to, including overtime pay, an employment lawyer can help you recover your rightful earnings.
Breaks & Expenses
If you’re not receiving the required breaks or not being reimbursed for work-related expenses, a California employment attorney can guide you on the next steps.
If you’re an independent contractor facing issues related to your contract or payment, an employment lawyer in California can provide legal advice and representation.
Types of Employment Cases We Handle
Colby Law Firm’s practice areas cover the full range of employment law violations at the San Diego local level and extend to state and federal employment laws. San Diego employees are protected under local, state, and federal jurisdiction.
Harassment is defined as any behavior that creates a hostile work environment through misconduct that raises concerns for the safety of another person’s life, health, well-being, family, or property, whether direct or indirect. This includes unwelcome conduct based on protected characteristics such as race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. Harassment creates a hostile work environment. If you have been sexually harassed, bullied, threatened, or wrongfully discriminated against, you may have a workplace harassment case and be entitled to compensation from your employer.
Discrimination is defined as any adverse treatment of an employee or job applicant based on a protected characteristic, such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age (40 and over), disability, medical condition, genetic information, or military and veteran status. Examples of discrimination include wrongful termination, being denied a promotion or raise, being demoted, or being retaliated against for filing a complaint.
Wrongful Termination & Retaliation
Wrongful termination occurs when an employer fires you for reasons protected by employment law, such as discrimination or retaliation. Retaliation is when an employer punishes you for a protected activity, such as complaining about unsafe work conditions or discrimination like sexual harassment.
Overtime and Unpaid Wages
You are entitled to fair compensation for all the time you worked, including all wages and overtime pay.
Breaks and Expenses
California and federal law entitles employees to paid breaks when they work a certain number of hours. Employees are also entitled to reimbursement for reasonable work-related expenses.
As the gig economy booms, employers sometimes take advantage of independent contractors to avoid providing overtime pay and benefits. If you believe you have been misclassified as an independent contractor, the attorneys at Colby Law Firm can help.
The issues surrounding employment law are not only legally complex but challenging to navigate due to their nature and high-stake consequences. If you are experiencing issues with your employer, speaking with an experienced San Diego employment lawyer is essential.
Contact us today, and we will get back to you quickly regarding your free initial consultation. Complete our contact form below, reach out by phone at (818) 452-1697, or email us at [email protected].
Our San Diego Employment Law Practice
Firm prides itself in helping employees seek justice, and providing quality legal help to all those who need it. Here’s why our firm is unique among others:
- Free consultations: Colby Law offers free consultations to anyone experiencing issues with their San Diego employer who believes they may have a legal case.
- No win, no fee: Our firm operates on a no win, no fee basis, ensuring that everyone has access to the highest quality legal representation.
- Vast knowledge and experience: Colby Law Firm’s employment attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of employment law.
- Dual perspective: With founding lawyer Aaron Colby’s experience working on both sides of the table, our firm brings a unique perspective to the courtroom and a strategic understanding of how to win tough cases.
- Settling all employment claims: Colby Law employment attorneys have successfully fought and settled employment claims in various contexts, including direct negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and more.
- Personalized approach: We understand that each employment case is unique, and our team takes a personalized approach to representation, providing individualized attention and care.
- Passionate advocacy: When navigating a complex employment law issue, you want a passionate lawyer who will fight tirelessly on your behalf. Choose Colby Law Firm for dedicated and zealous advocacy.
Why Choose Our San Diego Employment Law Firm?
When facing employment issues in San Diego, it is essential to have experienced attorneys by your side who specialize in employment law. At Colby Law Firm, our team of experienced lawyers is dedicated to defending the rights of employees.
- Specialization in employment law: At Colby Law Firm, our team of experienced lawyers deeply understands San Diego and state and federal employment laws, rules, and regulations. We provide comprehensive legal support tailored to our clients’ specific circumstances.
- Free consultation and “no win, no fee” policy: We take pride in offering a free consultation to discuss your case and a “no win, no fee” policy, ensuring that quality legal representation is accessible to everyone.
- Unwavering commitment: Choose Colby Law Firm for our unwavering commitment to protecting your rights. We are dedicated to advocating for our clients and achieving favorable outcomes.
Why We Are the Best Employment Lawyers in San Diego
Colby Law Firm is the top choice when it comes to employment attorneys in San Diego. Here’s why:
- Decades of experience: With a wealth of experience in employment law, our team stands out as the best choice for your legal needs.
- Unique perspective: Led by highly-experienced California employment attorney Aaron Colby, our team has represented both employees and companies throughout their careers, giving us a well-rounded understanding of both sides.
- Exceptional track record: Choose Colby Law Firm for our proven record of successful outcomes for our clients.
- Dedication to our clients: We are committed to providing personalized attention and support to every client, ensuring their needs are met throughout the legal process.
- Assertiveness, creativity, and perseverance: Our team approaches each case with these qualities, ensuring we do everything we can to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients.
Choose Colby Law Firm for unmatched experience, personalized strategies, and a strong dedication to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Contact Our San Diego Employment Law Firm Today
Colby Law Firm offers free consultations to employees seeking legal advice about an employment law violation or claim. During the 1-hour consultation, you will meet with a Colby Law Office attorney and discuss your situation, what claims you may have, and how our legal team can best assist you.
Contact us today, and we will get back to you quickly regarding a free initial consultation. Complete our contact form, reach out by phone at (818) 452-1697, or email us at [email protected].